Hello, friends and students,
This is very new domain for learning English. You can just open and read the materials.
Language Testing (521)
Master of Education in English
Time: 2 hours F.M. 50 P.M. 20
Objective Questions Group A (10×1=10)
1 A person’s language competence includes the ability to
- Create infinite number of sentences
- Understand infinite number of sentences
- Recognize grammatical mistakes and ambiguities
- Do all of the above
- Which one of the following approaches to testing is also referred to as discrete point testing?
- traditional approach
- structural approach
- communicative approach
- functional approach
- Testing language performance includes testing person’s :
- knowledge of grammar
- knowledge of vocabulary
- knowledge of sound system
- listening and speaking skill
- Teachers need to evaluate their students time and again in order to
- pass their students in the examination
- know their students’ progress
- keep their students alert
- to promote their students to higher grades
- Who used the term communicative competence first?
- Noam Chomsky b. Dell Hymes c. Bachman and Palmer d. Shisir Sthapit
- ‘Knowledge of a language is more than just the sum of a set of discrete parts.’ This is the assumption of :
- the structural approach
- The Essay translation approach
- the integrative approach
- the performance approach
- Which of the following competence was added by Canale alone in 1983 when he revised their first model of communicative competence (1980)?
- Grammatical competence
- Sociolinguistic competence
- Strategic competence
- Discourse competence
- When was Language Testing Journal published first in history of language testing?
- 9861 b. 1983 c. 1972 d. 1950
- Which of the following is the major testing tool for structural approach to language testing?
- Cloze test
- Multiple choices
- Dialogue practice
10. The proponent of Unitary competence hypothesis (UCH) is :
- Auther Hughes b. Dell Hymes c. John Oller d. Alan Davies
Group A (4×7=28)
- What is language testing? Discuss briefly the historical perspectives on the development of it.
- ‘The proper relationship between teaching and testing is surely that of partnership.’ Explain it.
- “Washback is an inherent quality of an Examination.” Elucidate
- Communicative language testing is highly adapted approach to language testing. Assess its strengths and weaknesses on the basis of assumptions, testing tools and its practicality.
Group C (1×12=12)
- Discuss the major issues of Language testing in the context of Nepal. How does the use of technology in testing become the burning issue?